Saturday, January 19, 2008

Harold Spears - a class of 2010 unknown???


Harold Spears is a 6'5" wing player for Faith Christian Academy in Sellersville, Pennsylvania. As of January 19, 2008, they are 14-3 and causing some havoc in Eastern PA basketball circles. Harold is all over the stat sheet at the end of the game - nailing 3s, getting double digit rebounds, dunking the ball, running the point. This kid is for real, and the time is now to get involved.

I took a minute to chat with Harold Spears, who runs with Team NJABC U16s in the summer.

NB: Your high school team is having a great year - what are the keys to success?

Harold Spears: "We are playing as a team . . . there are no egos, and we are very cohesive. When it comes to crunch time in the 4th quarter, we just find a way to win, whether it is lock down defense, or coming back from being down, we just find a way to get it done."

NB: You are only a sophomore, but I am sure you are thinking about college. What level and where you would like to play in college?

Harold Spears: "Right now I am not concerned about where and what level, but the most important thing is to get a free education. That is my number one priority."

NB: What are some areas of development of your game?

Harold Spears: "I need to improve my ballhandling and my shooting - be more consistent. I also need to work on improving my ability to create my own shot."

NB: What are some areas of strength of your game?

Harold Spears: "I feel like I can guard anyone regardless of size or position - I love to defend. I also am strong at attacking the rim, and I like to play a physical/contact game."

Harold Spears is definitely a D1 college basketball player. There should be more clarity by the end of the summer on what level he will play, but I must say, D1 schools should get involved with him ASAP. Oh yeah . . . he has a 3.7 GPA. I love it!!!!!

No comments: