Thursday, June 12, 2008

Update on . . . Brandon Jennings

Within the last half hour, I spoke with Arizona-commit Brandon Jennings. I asked him if he is considered with the current state of the program, and whether all the turnover--all three assistant coaches are gone and two players have de-committed--worries him. He told me that he is not concerned and and is still planning on heading to Arizona, unlike fellow Wildcat-commit Emmanuel Negedu who was released from his Letter of Intent. Jennings told me that he did not have much of a relationship with the big man, and had not even heard of the player who de-committed from the class of '09, Abdul Gaddy. As well, I asked Jennings whether or not he has heard about his eligibility for next year, which was in question after his test scores were flagged. He informed me that he has not yet heard the result on the matter, yet expects to find out next week. If he is not eligible, he is not sure what he will do next year. The Jennings situation will be an interesting one to watch, and I'll keep you posted on it.

No comments: